Error P0264 stuck on limpmode 4k max

Tout ce qui concerne les questions techniques et la mécanique sur moteurs et échappements

Modérateur : Modérateurs

Nhecas

Error P0264 stuck on limpmode 4k max

Message par Nhecas »

Hello all. If anyone has any insight to my problem, i would be very much appreciated:
P0264 - injector 2 low circuit
The actual problem is an error P0264 that puts the car in limp mode (4k rpm max in normal, 5k in sport)
The first time i had this error, it was a bad connection to the ICM, for some reason the plug was coming off. You might wonder how is the ICM is related to this error, but it immediately disappear when i cleaned and plugged it properly.
After this, the car went well for 100km or so, after that, the error came up again.
This time there is nothing coming loose, but watch this video:
https://youtu.be/36BYL2TGDok
At first, all things electric on the car are turned on, and the radiator fan is also working. Then the fan stops and i proceed to turn off the lights, the windscreen heater, all things electrical. Only then the voltage recovers to acceptable alternator levels.
Is this normal? Is this causing the P0264 that i have and doesn't allow me to push the car? Maybe the ICM or ECU doesnt like low voltages, i really dont know. Im in the process of trying everything to see if i can fix this without spending another fortune in tolls and fuel taking the car to the dealer.

If anyone can give me some tips, thank you
c5lolo

Re: Error P0264 stuck on limpmode 4k max

Message par c5lolo »

things seems to be normal.
The alternator charging voltage is ok.
A 485 is fitted whith a small 30ah lawn mower battery...is quiet amazing as such kind of monster is able to do its job with a 2.0 engine
About the issue with the injector 2 check perhaps your wiring connection.
Apply in case connecting lub.
darkvador
Seven : 165 work racing

Message par darkvador »

The alternator works perfectly. At iddle, with no lignhts on or fan cutting in, it should read 14.3 or so, which it does

The voltage drops when the fan cuts in on your video, which is fine

The injector issue your ODB reads is, as said above, usually an electric commection or loom damage. Worst case scenario could be a faulty injector, a fairly uncommon issue.

Likely a careful check of your loom for obvious damage, with some lub on connectors, as suggested, should cure the issue

The car is very easy to work on, and any competent mechanic nearby your home, should be able to cure the issue fairly easily.

A garage specilaised in electrickery can fix this with minimum fuss if the DIY doesn t work. You don t need an official dealer to fix this
Nhecas

Message par Nhecas »

Thank you for your answers to my problems.
I already checked the continuity of all the injector cables, coil to ICM, ICM to ECU, lambda to ECU. All were fine.

On tuesday i am going to look to the loom then, see if there are cuts or something, even tough it checked ok on continuity.
Remember this is a problem that appeared once before and it was a bad connection from the ECU to ICM. Sounds strange, but once i cleaned and reconnected, car went ok immediately. Now the problem appears again, so i will follow your advice once more.

Thank you very much
Répondre